Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy people

What is happiness?

I was just looking through some pictures, memories of the past months and there was this folder with pictures from a birthday party. I don't remember having the greatest time of my life. I had to take my camera; that basically made me the unofficial photographer of the whole thing. So... I took pictures around. In the people pictures, you could see only happy people. And in 2 pictures, you could see me. Trying to be funny and happy.
Looking now back to everything, and remembering how things went, I remember that the whole thing was rather lame. But someone who was not there would think that everyone was happy. And... who knows how the other people there felt? If they were happy or just felt obliged to come.

Yesterday I wanted to clean up some old things. Put on an old tape in the CD-player (yes, a tape) and I started with my games since I was a child. I remembered playing with my sister. I remember thinking of those times as happy times. But when I was living those things, I could not realize that later I will miss them so much. I was happy then. But I only realize it now.

What really is happiness? And how can we just grab it and never let it go? Is it in the small things? Is it in accomplishments everyone should compliment us about? Or is it just a state of mind? What is the secret of all those happy people from the pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment